Our August meeting of Bridger Mountain Scribes will be held on Monday, August 12, 2019 from 11 AM to 1 PM at the library in the small conference room.
At our July meeting we had a good time sharing all the various projects we’ve each been doing.
Rose shared her plans for the nature journaling workshop she is co-teaching. Diana shared several of the calendars that have been a joint project for the Las Cruces guild; we discussed doing a similar thing for our next year-long project. I shared in some detail my ongoing process for creating a daily lettering journal. This led to a demonstration of one of my favorite and most essential studio tool: the lettering liner.
Several of us shared our practice on gothicized italic and discussed the surprises and challenges of the hand. One member had had trouble getting a trailing hairline, and this led to a demonstration of the best tools for that: the Pilot Parallel Pen.
Here’s what’s on the agenda for our next meeting on August 12:
- Beth will lead a tutorial on the making and use of glair. You’ll need a few tubes of watercolor or gouache, brushes for mixing and loading, a broad-edged pen or two or three, and some paper that will take a wash: watercolor or mixed-media paper or Arches Text Wove. I’ll bring the glair.
- Barb will bring a layering project that we may want to do at the next meeting.
- Rose will bring her tunnel book, which could be another future-meeting activity.
- Everyone should bring their year-long project in whatever stage it’s in. Be prepared to talk about your process!
- As always, bring whatever else you’ve been working on.