The January meeting of Bridger Mountain Scribes will be held on Monday, January 13, 2020 from 11 AM to 1 PM at the library in the small conference room. Thank you, Rose, for making the room reservation.
How’s your calendar image for the first month coming along? Remember, we decided to work at a size between 7.5″ to 10″ square (inclusive). Teresa has done some great research on our printing option, which I’ll present at the meeting.
We’ll be making a one-sheet meander accordion book — or two or three or four — at the January meeting. Please bring the following:
- 5 square sheets of paper at least 12 inches, or larger (see note below)
- a few sheets of paper or notebook for practicing thumbnails or layouts
- decorating supplies that you like to use, such as watercolors, inks (walnut is fun), brushes, sticks, colored pencils, pencils, gel pens, and so on
- water jar and/or ink wells
- brush for loading color if you bring watercolors
- bone folder
- craft knife and cutting mat
- a quotation or saying, short enough to complete in class
- pen and ink for lettering the quotation in our book
- anything you need for cleaning up afterwards
A few notes about the 5 sheets of paper:
- SIZE: The finished size of the books we fold will be 1/4 the size of the parent sheet. Therefore, a 12-inch square will yield a 3-inch folded book. No measuring or calculations will be necessary, so feel free to bring a 14.6253784-inch square if you like 🙂
- KIND: Bring at least one good sheet of paper to decorate in class. The rest may be scrapbook paper, newsprint, drawing paper, or more good paper.
- WEIGHT: Anything that will fold easily is fine, up to 90-lb. watercolor paper.
I’ll bring plastic tablecloths to protect the tables, and a few decorating tools for the group to try.