Our next meeting will take place on Monday, August 15, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM in the meeting room at the Cold Smoke Coffeehouse just off 19th and Oak.
At our July meeting, we each got very good starts at making a “scribble”. We’re continuing to work on those this month, and I hope to see some finished work at the August meeting. We also looked at some more italic variations, including those on a new sheet I distributed at the meeting.
On August 15 we’ll delve into samplers. A sampler can be grown entirely organically or planned meticulously, and there is a wide spectrum of options between these two approaches. I’ll bring a work-in-progress showing the steps from beginning to finished artwork. For this you’ll need:
- at least one large sheet of paper, at least 11″ x 14″ but larger is better
- a set of quotations on your chosen topic, ordered from longest to shortest for ease of use
- pencil and eraser
- your choices of pen nibs (or Pilot Parallel Pens)
- as needed (if you’re not bringing parallel pens)
- travel watercolor set
- 3 tubes of watercolor or gouache, red/blue/yellow)
- palette (if not travel set)
- loading brushes
As always, please bring anything you’re working on or finished recently, including (but not limited to) scribbles, samples, italic variations.