Mark your calendars! Our next meeting will take place on Monday, November 13, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM in the Cottonwood Meeting Room at the Bozeman Public Library.
We’ll be working with another monoline alphabet and making some new design decisions.
This will be the fifth meeting in which we work on a long-term project exploring watercolors and monoline lettering. This month we’ll be working with previous lettering styles on the Monoline Alphabets sheet, so be sure to bring this handout, and the Paper Ruler guide, to the meeting.
If you’re joining us for the first time, please let us know you’re coming and Diana will have copies of the handouts available for you.
Also, please bring your finished pages from our previous meetings. It’s always fun to see what everyone has done.
Supplies to bring:
- The two handouts you received at June’s meeting
- A quotation that fits your theme, about 25-30 words in length
- 6 x 9 watercolor paper
- Watercolor container
- Water bottle (with water)
- Paper Towels
- Micron Pens, Black, in varying sizes .005-08
- Board, masonite or hard cardboard
- Watercolor pencils (optional)
- Light-tack masking tape (artist’s tape, or blue or purple painter’s tape)
See samples attached. You can write two quotes by the same person or two quotes on the same theme or a continuous quote that goes around the square and into bottom space on your paper. Your choice.
As always, please bring anything you’re working on or finished recently. We always want to see what creative thing you’ve been up to whether it’s fiber, collage, stitching, painting or lettering.